Saturday, November 4, 2017

Overwhelmed?

Yep. It's that time of year. It is so busy, no matter what you are doing. It's time to start preparing for the holiday season; for students, it's exam time, aka time to cry endlessly, get little or no sleep, and begin feeling crazy for coming back to school. Maybe that's only me...

Something I have found... which I still have to work on.... is my attitude. My attitude when I get overwhelmed, when I get frustrated, sad, or annoyed determines how I will act/react. My attitude needs to change sometimes so that I can respond better and not react so snappily.

Being positive helps. Thinking about things in a positive way really helps you to better focus and be a better influence on your outlook.

Having friends who can snap you back into reality and be there to support you are important too. I'm thankful for the couple of friends I have who do this for me.

When you begin feeling overwhelmed, how do you cope?

Here are a couple of suggestions that may help you to not be so overwhelmed...

1. TAKE TIME WITH GOD: Be alone with God. This can be a great relaxation time. I like sitting down with my Bible, journal, and good devo book... lots of peace fills me when I take time to relax.

2. RELAX: Focus on things that you enjoy. Carve out time to be alone or be with others, whatever you want to do.

3. SLOW DOWN: Try to not be so busy. Get rid of some of the things that you do not have to do, and just focus on the things you need to.

4. ENJOY YOURSELF: Have fun once in a while! Schedule time to have fun. Do not let yourself always be bogged down in work.

5. PRAY, FIRST THING! It amazes me how when I pray in the morning, I feel better all through the day. I am more productive and am more focused. I enjoy my day more and I am more positive. Devotional time in the morning is hard, but it's worth it y'all!

I hope some of this helps ya. I'm not perfect. I'm not good at these things, but I am working on it. Hopefully someone is helped by this. Remember, God's got you! Love y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment