Sunday, December 2, 2018

Trusting... Well... Trying

Trust.

Such a simple word, but a hard action.

People say, "oh, you can trust me." You soon find out whether you can or not.

You trust yourself to make decisions everyday. Everything, great or small, you trust you can make the right decision. Everything from deciding what shirt and shoes you want to wear to how you want to spend your time and money. But there are some things we don't know if we will make the right decision, so we ask opinions and trust others to give us some good advice. I'm talking decisions like... college.... relationships...  moving...

Sometimes we trust the wrong people. We take their advice and trust them when we really shouldn't.
There is one Person Who we can actually trust, who will make the right decision every time.

That's Jesus.

Proverbs 3:5-6 tells us:

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take."

I don't know about you, but when I read that, I feel a tremendous amount of pressure that was on my shoulders go away.

It isn't up to me.

I'm not alone to make these decisions.

I can go to Jesus and ask Him, "Hey, what should I do here?"

I can look to the Bible, read it, and see what I can do in certain situations.

Trust.

Trust God with your plans.

I'm a control freak. I love making plans and figuring things out. When I was a teenager, I had a plan for my whole life. I was going to be engaged by this time, have my degree by this time, married by this time, have children by this time, own a house by this time, etc. etc. etc.

Oddly enough, every plan I made got flipped upside down.

At the time, it was so disappointing. Looking back now... I am so glad my plans didn't work out. Cuz God had much better ones, and I am just beginning to understand what those plans look like.

Proverbs 16 has some stuff to say about plans....

"We can make our own plans, but the Lord gives the right answer." (verse 1)

"Commit your actions to the Lord, and your plans will succeed." (verse 3)

God has the best plans in mind for us. He wants us to be happy. He wants us to do well. He has our best in mind.

God is the one person we can trust. Though it may seem like life is out of control, that God is nowhere to be found, He is right there beside you, trying to help you, if you'd just let Him.

Trust Him.

Trust Him with it all. Your dreams... your desires... your life.

Trust Him to help you make the right decisions.

Find out what He wants for you and for your life by:

1. Reading the Bible - lots of good info in there to show you how to live, and what God wants of you.

2. Praying - prayer is a two-way conversation. I often forget that. God is there to listen to you, and there will be times He will want to talk to you too. You just have to listen.

God knows all our dreams and our desires. Psalm 38:9 says "You know what I long for, Lord; you hear my every sigh."

God knows more about us and our lives than we or anyone else could ever know. Let's learn to trust Him with our lives and everything in our lives. It'll make things easier.

"You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in You." - Isaiah 26:3 -

No comments:

Post a Comment