Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Make Him Wait

I just came across this song called "Make Him Wait" by Abby Anderson.

I listened to it and my heart broke.

See, in my past, I have had relationships with guys that were not healthy and were not good. There are things I wish I could take back. Things I wish I had done differently, said differently... even ways I wish I had acted differently.

This song reminded me how important it is to not rush everything. I am always rushing through everything, trying to get to the next thing. But...

Life can't be rushed. There is nothing we can force. Life is like a puzzle, and the pieces just come together eventually. You can force a piece to fit, but in the end, something won't be right.

Same in relationships.

Don't try to force something to work together.

Don't try to force something to "fit" if it doesn't. Trust me, I'm thankful my parents stopped me from trying to force something to fit about a year ago. In the end, something wouldn't have been quite right. I can see that now, but couldn't see it then.

I'm thankful that part of my puzzle fell apart. Because I know God has a better plan of how that part of the puzzle is going to come together.

He will make it come together, and it will be beautiful. I just need to give Him all the pieces, and let Him be in control of it.

Do you have something in your life that you just want to control and make happen? Why not join me and just hand over all the pieces to the Master of all puzzles?

He really does know how to make the puzzle come together beautifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment