Sunday, June 2, 2019

Real Faith

I had an incredible weekend, going to One Conference. It's a huge youth rally, with teens from all over Atlantic Canada, even the US. It was great; the speakers were awesome, the music was fantastic, it was a great time to worship and learn.

I dropped the youth off, and then headed back home. I got out onto the highway and I started praying a bit. A few minutes in and I was crying, asking God why about something in my life. I didn't understand why He was letting certain things happen when I felt He had told me - had promised me - something different.

It was easy at the conference to raise my hands, proclaim how I trusted God, how I know He has good plans - but when reality hits, it can get a lot harder.

Don't get me wrong, I still trust God has the best plan. It takes a while for me to get it through my thick skull, but I know He has it all under control. I just have to be okay with giving Him the control.

My point is, how many of us act the part on Sunday morning; worshipping God, raising our hands, praying, speaking words of encouragement to people... then Monday something really crappy happens, and we forget everything?

Let's let our faith become more authentic. Let's trust in God, even in the hard times. Let's trust God, even when we don't understand. Let's know that God has a good, good plan for us, even when we may not see how it will all work out. God wants us to praise Him and trust Him, even in uncertainty. That's what makes our faith real.

No comments:

Post a Comment