Sunday, May 29, 2016

It's the Simple Things

You know, I have learned a lot in the past little bit. And God has been teaching me a lot of things, sometimes in the most unexpected times and places.

For example, at work yesterday, God taught me something.

I had decided I was going to strive to work for Him, rather than for people. Which meant I would strive to do my job with excellence, and really care about what I was doing, not just go through the motions.

As I was at work, a thought came into my mind... "If I (Jesus) were coming to inspect the store, what would you be doing right now?" I responded with another thought... "Well I would be working a lot harder and faster and doing a lot of cleaning to make it spotless."

Then this is where it all got real.

I got a response...

"You would do that if I were coming to visit the store, but I am in your heart and life every day, and you don't keep that spotless."

Ouch.

Living a holy and perfect life is difficult. Many would say impossible. I know that we all strive to be perfect (on/in our own power).... but what if we gave the controls to God, and asked Him to teach us how to live pure and holy lives before Him? I think we would see a big change...

Just something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment