Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Life Like a River

So this past year has been crazy. As you know from my last post, I've finished my first year of University... which is crazy. I had a lot of ups and downs in this last year. One day, I went with some of my friends to go hiking. We went up, and when we reached the top, we were able to look down and see the fields below us, and the river running through them. As I sat there taking some time alone with God, watching the river flow, He spoke to my heart. God definitely does speak through nature, I have learned that so much over the years. This is what he spoke to me...
"Life is like a river. Sometimes it flows fast, sometimes it flows slow. Sometimes it hits a rock or two and gets redirected. Sometimes there's a choice to make; a split; and one has to decide which way to go. Go where you flow naturally. Follow and trust the leading of the river. Trust that God guides the river, and He is guiding you."
This spoke so much to me. It helped me a lot when I was going through some tough times at the end of the semester. Some of my friends were not planning on returning to the University, and were planning to switch schools, which meant I would not be able to see them as much. I was unsure if the program I am in is the right one for me. I was having a hard time accepting things, and was just tired, mentally and physically. This boosted my attitude and my spirit. It helped me to accept things better. I was able to cope with the thought of my friends not returning in the fall, and it is amazing that God worked things out so that my friends were able to come back again!
God speaks to us in our times of need. He is there to always help us through things. There are countless instances that I can recall where just this thing happened. My challenge to you is to trust God. Listen to what He is trying to tell you. Flow where He leads you. Trust me, it is better than anything you can come up with.

Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
  In all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment