Thursday, October 4, 2018

Letting Go and Letting God

This one is quite personal y'all. I wrote parts of this in my journal that no one sees, but I think someone out there needs to read this, cause they will be able to relate.

Here goes...

The fact that I can talk about it without getting choked up tells me I made the right choice.

The fact that my heart feels at peace tells me I made the right choice.

The fact that I feel free tells me I made the right choice.

The fact that I am able to feel closer to God and able to better worship God tells me I made the right choice.

What is this choice you ask?

I had to let go of something... someone.

I don't need to go into more than that.

I know that God forgives me for fighting Him for so long. I know that He still loves me.

I just wished I had listened to Him from the beginning.

See sometimes... okay, let's be real...usually it is hard to trust when we think we know what is right.

But if we say in one breath that we trust God, but in the other say it's my life, I get to decide... how is that full trust?

Ouch. I didn't like that thought.

See... God will work through my life. He will work through YOUR life.

But you've gotta let Him.

Unless you're willing to surrender, He won't.

God's a gentleman, and won't force Himself on you.

The struggle I have with _______ won't go away unless I call on Him and trust Him with it, and get His help.

See I can try to follow all the rules on my own, but I won't succeed.

Until my desires change, I will not be able overcome my struggle.

I need His help to overcome my struggles AND to change my desires.

[Check out Colossians 2:23 specifically. I highly recommend reading the whole chapter, and even the whole book.]

Now, back to this thing.

I need His help to figure out what to do with my life.

I need His help to figure out healthy relationships.

I have to trust Him at every step of the way.

Every twist.
Every turn.
Every mountain.
Every valley.
Every high.
Every low.

In everything, I have to trust Him in order to allow Him to work in and through me.

I'm in this journey with you all.

I don't have all the answers.

I probably don't have any of the answers.

I'm right there beside you looking for them.

If you need to chat, have a prayer request, etc. drop a comment for me/shoot me an email.

God bless y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment