Thursday, February 21, 2013

What to do when Loneliness strikes

     Loneliness. Everybody faces it at some time in their life. We are abandoned by a trusted friend, wronged by someone close to us; forgotten. But you know what? We are never alone or forgotten--there is always Someone watching us!
     Psalm 9:10 gives a promise to God's children; "Those who know the  Lord trust Him. He will not leave those who come to Him." Hebrews 13:5, stated in the Message version, says this; "God assured us, 'I'll never let you down, never walk off and leave you." Great promises, aren't they?
     I think that Hebrews 13:5 is a verse that we, as Christian youth, should remember. There is power in that verse! People will fail us, leave us, and let us down. But Jesus never will! He will always be with us-- no matter what! Claiming these promises will help us feel safe and secure and happy-- and content.
     Jesus shouldn't be just another friend. He should be everything to us! Now, I'll admit, I don't always live by that rule. But, it is my own fault. I let life get the best of me, and I become lonely, angry, and stubborn. Even through that Jesus loves me. Amazing, isn't it?
     I want to encourage you to memorize Hebrews 13:5. I know that this is a big feat to some, but I think you should try. You can do it. Don't worry about how long it takes--just try and do your best! With some training and practice it will come naturally!
    The main thing I want you to remember is that God is "with you always, even to the end of the age." (Matthew 28:20)

     "The eternal God is our hiding place; He carries us in His arms." ~Deuteronomy 33:27 (CEV)
        "Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
 ~Romans 8:37-39 (NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment