Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Be Still

Y'all I'm an intern! I just have to celebrate that fact for a second, then I can move on.

I've just started, but I already am learning a lot. God has shown me something that He has been trying to teach me for a long time... It is okay to be still. It is okay, even good, to just sit in quiet, in silence, doing nothing, worrying about nothing.

I have felt such a sense of peace since I have started accepting that.

Accepting that I don't always have to be rushing, always have to be doing something, always have to be looking way off into the future, is a process.

But I'm beginning to learn.

I keep claiming this verse, Jeremiah 29:11. I think I've included it in many of my posts. But in case you don't know, here is what it says... "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord..." The verse goes on to say the plans are for good, not evil, to give a future and a hope.

I'm a person that clings to my plans. I hold on, try to figure it all out, and have a hard time trusting God with things.

God has been nudging me, reminding me how He loves me, how His plans are better than my own, are better than the things I may want right now... He reminds me not to trade in what I want now for what I could have in the future that is so much better than what I would get now.

He is teaching me not to trade in artificial love for real, true love.

He is teaching me not to be overwhelmed, but simply to take things a day at a time, and trust He's got a plan bigger than I could understand.

He is teaching me a lot of things.

I'm excited for what these next four months hold.

1 comment: