Tuesday, January 1, 2019

New Beginnings

Sometimes God needs to bring us to our knees in order for us to get the point.

He had to do that to me yesterday.

In a ball on the floor, crying, asking God for help.

That’s what happened to me.

See, I thought I would do things my way. (It’s totally worked in the past right???? NOT.)

I made stupid decisions that hurt people around me. Hurt myself. Hurt my relationship with
God.

And at first, I justified it. I didn’t feel bad. But then, I realised it was wrong, at least in my head. My heart took longer.

But then yesterday, it hit.

I thought I would kneel and pray, but it wound up being a ball leaning on my bed, crying, completely broken.

I realised what I had done. I realised the chaos around me. I realised the danger I was in.

I decided I didn’t want that for me anymore. I didn’t want to be doing things on my own.

I once again realised I can’t do things on my own. (Shocker, I know. Not like I’ve written about it 1,000 times... *insert eye roll*)

And you know what?

God helped me.

He didn’t have to.

He didn’t have any reason to.

I had turned against Him.

He owed me nothing.

He never owes me anything.

But still He helps.

I’m thankful that God is faithful, even when my heart is unfaithful to Him.

And that’s what I’m working on in this New Year. Being more faithful to the One Who is Most Faithful. Being more faithful in all areas of my life.

Not letting sin, not letting my desires, come between me and God, or between me and others.

Trusting that God has the plan, and that He’s got control, even when it feels everything is spiralling out of control.

What are you going to do?

Why not join me?

We’re all in this together. It’s kinda like High School Musical. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment